OK, in case I haven’t mentioned it, which I’m pretty sure I have, I’m obsessed with blended health drinks. I have the NutriBullet, but when I said I was obsessed with my Bullet people got the idea that I was referring to something I carried in my purse that may or may not embarrassingly start buzzing at an inopportune moment. Of course when I added the Ninja, it just sounded like I’d graduated to BDSM.
So, I will never refer to a blender/juicer by name again, unless I get a masticating juicer (that’s just fun to say). Anyhoo, now that I’m have the anti-aging (A Gen Xers Guide To Looking Young So When You Lie About Your Age People Believe You) column for SmartBeautyGuide.com, I decided to make some smoothies that are aimed at healthy younger looking skin, weight and the aging process specifically … if I can get younger through a glass, I’m all for heavy drinking. Wait, that didn’t come out right either (so far in this piece I’ve come off like a perverted alcoholic … oh, well).
Here are 3 of my favorite anti aging smoothie recipes, and I even made a chart so you can make your own smoothies based on the foods you like and what each food is good for (beauty and anti-aging wise.) I know, that was awesome of me because you can’t find a chart like this ANYWHERE (I TRIED).
Here are some I put together and love (Look at number 5 on my tips post to see how to make a smoothie without measuring – so much easier).
1. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (This anti-aging smoothie will combat dark circles, keep you alert, and give you the kind of energy George Michael had when he was with Wham):
- 1 cup of blueberries or blackberries (preferably organic and frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup of raspberries (preferably organic and frozen)
- 1 tbsp of goji berry powder
- 2 tbsp of flax seed powder
- 1 cup of Kefir (plain or vanilla) Try to start with plain and add agave if it’s too sour.
2. Do You Have an ID? (This anti aging smoothie will hydrate and moisturize your skin, fight free radicals and make you look so young, a policeman will drag you back to school and insist you’re playing hooky – the term “hooky” may have nullified any statements I make about youth):
- 1 1/2 cups pineapples (frozen)
- 1 cup mangoes (frozen)
- 1 cup kale (fozen)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp hemp seed powder
- (You can throw in a few slices of cucumber or avocado if you want – it’s already green)
3. I Can Fit in My Prom Dress Again (This anti aging smoothie will keep you trim, and healthy, aid with digestion, and give you a glow — like the one you had when you danced to Madonna, MJ and Bell Biv Devoe):
- 2 1/2 cups of strawberries (pref organic and frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp green tea powder
- 1 cup coconut water (add to consistency you like) if you like creamy add a plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seed powder
For tips on making the perfect smoothie, check out my 5 Tips to Make a Perfect Smoothie on SmartBeautyGuide and for the awesome chart I made in only like 27 hours click to read more below and Please leave me and my readers any recipes you love and share this with anyone who wants to look younger or SMOOTHIE/JUICE addicts, they’ll thank you!
HOW TO USE THE CHARTS: 3 parts plus a liquid. I do 2 parts (handfuls) from CHART A, 1 part from CHART B, about a cup from CHART C (but that depends on the consistency you like in your drink), and a tbsp of anything in CHART D or a combo.