What I marvel at, aside from the throngs of people chomping on those Neanderthal looking turkey legs, is the fact that my kids can find things to cry and complain about almost constantly in the place where dreams come true.
Luckily, mine weren’t the only ones. Sure my daughter may have set some kids off when she screamed Mickey Mouse is DEAD in a crowded room? Oh, that happened as I was explaining to her that Walt Disney (the original Mickey) was dead. Um, my bad, but she did ask.
And yes, my daughter may have shed a tear about getting the “wrong” colored magic carpet, but I watched a toddler flailing on the ground exclaiming his ice cream was too “drippy.” Nothing like watching other people with their children to make you feel sane! That said, here are things your children will probably cry about in the “happiest place on Earth.”
Imagine the following phrases said through dramatic tears, possible foot stomping, and maybe even ground flailing…
- I got wet on that water ride!
- I didn’t get wet enough on that water ride!
- That character is looking at me!
- The guy dressed as Nemo doesn’t look real … like he does in the movie!
- You took one of my french fries!
- Belle’s dress is prettier than mine!
- My socks hurt!
- My hotdog touched my french fries!
- I feel bad for all the turkeys, why does everyone want to eat their legs?
- I’m not tall enough!
- I’m too tall!
- I can’t wait to get back to the hotel, the escalator is sooo fun!
- You only saw me wave 14 out of 15 times on the carousel, what about the last time I waved?
- You’re not fun like the mommy who’s getting every character’s autograph!
- My ice cream sandwich is melting!
- You won’t buy me another cookie, icee, toy, doll, shirt, vinylmation, collector’s pin, ice cream, stuffed animal, autograph book, figurine, replica, hat ...
- Why can’t I stop and ask every single person who works in the park if we can trade pins?
- Why isn’t Pirates of the Caribbean working? Why Why Why would this happen when we’re here?!
- Why don’t you know when Pirates of the Caribbean will work again! Why why why?
- I’m not allowed to try the champagne you got in France!
- You made me go on the scariest ride ever (said on anything from Space Mountain to it’s a Small World)!
- We don’t have enough Fast Passes!
- I got a Fast Pass and then I changed my mind and now we can’t get another for 2 hours and the day is ruined!
- The monorail is too high up!
- We didn’t take the express monorail!
- We took the express monorail and now we don’t get to stop in the middle of that cool hotel!
- We parked in Simba, but I wanted to be in Minnie!
- That ride was too fast, too high, too bumpy, to spinny!
- That ride wasn’t fast enough, high enough, bumpy enough, spinny enough!
- The Rapunzel doll’s hair isn’t long enough!
- My Mickey ears are crooked!
- My brother is having more fun than I am!
- We always do what my sister wants to do!
- You wouldn’t let us eat in America when we went to the country part of Epcot!
- You made us watch a movie about Canada and now I hate Canada!
- I hate Canada almost as much as waiting on lines!
- The camel didn’t spit at me on Aladdin’s Carpet Ride!
- I didn’t get to sit on the end!
- We didn’t get to sit in the front!
- I wanted my own elephant and you made me sit with my sister!
- The car I created in line for Fast Track wasn’t the one we got to drive in!
- We have to walk everywhere!
- The rides aren’t close enough to each other!
- Mickey is on vacation ‘cuz we haven’t seen him once.
- Why would Mickey go on vacation if he knew we were coming?
Those lines came from my own children at one of our visits over the years or were overheard in the mass of people who stood along side us in line after line. Do you have any to add???