A few years ago, on the way home from our Disney vacation, Ry begged for just one more ride … on the luggage cart. “Please mom, it’s my favorite,” she whined. Ohhh the irony. That is why I had to write this…
What I marvel at, (aside from the throngs of people chomping on those Neanderthal looking turkey legs), is the fact that my kids can find things to cry and complain about almost constantly in the place where dreams come true.
Luckily, mine weren’t the only ones. Sure my daughter may have set some kids off when she screamed Mickey Mouse is DEAD in a crowded room? Oh, that happened as I was explaining to her that Walt Disney (the original Mickey) was dead. Um, my bad, but she did ask.
And yes, Ry may have shed a tear about getting the “wrong” colored magic carpet, but I watched a toddler flailing on the ground exclaiming his ice cream was too “drippy.” Nothing like watching other people with their children to make you feel sane! That said, here are things your children will probably cry about in the “happiest place on Earth.”
Imagine the following phrases said through dramatic tears, possible foot stomping, and maybe even ground flailing…
- I got too wet on that water ride!
- I didn’t get wet enough on that water ride!
- That character is looking at me!
- The guy dressed as Nemo doesn’t look real … like he does in the movie!
- Belle’s dress is prettier than mine!
- The $15 Minnie socks (she begged for relentlessly) hurt, so I don’t want them anymore.
- I’m not tall enough!
- I’m too tall!
- You only saw me wave 14 out of 15 times on the Tea Cup ride, what about the last time I waved?
- You’re not fun like the mommy who’s getting every character’s autograph!
- Why can’t I stop and ask every single person who works in the park if we can trade pins?
- You made me go on the scariest ride ever (said on It’s a Small World)!
- We parked in Simba, but I wanted to be in Minnie!
- My Mickey ears are crooked!
- My brother/sister is having more fun than I am!
- You wouldn’t let us eat in America when we went to the country part of Epcot!
- You made us watch a movie about Canada and now I hate Canada!
- I hate Canada almost as much as waiting on lines!
- The camel didn’t spit at me on Aladdin’s Carpet Ride!
- Why do we have to walk everywhere!
Those lines came from my own children at one of our visits over the years or were overheard in the mass of people who stood alongside us in line after line. Yet, we go every year because it’s still pretty Magical also it’s only a 3 hr ride, though I am considering investing in a luggage cart and staying home next time…
Other vacation tales:
Share this with all your Disney loving friends… they’ll get it, I’m holding up my 4 finger Mickey hand to promise…